- I live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with my wife, Vicki, and dog, a pit bull named Cody.
- I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a type of Muscular Dystrophy. It’s similar to ALS in symptoms but not progression.
- I work in clinical research at the University of Pennsylvania since 1999. Before that I worked for About.com as the guide to Computer Simulation Games, and before that I volunteered as a research coordinator at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- I currently run a Dungeons & Dragons 5e campaign for two of my childhood friends. I'm also playing a Vampire: The Masquerade Elders campaign on Roll20.
- I have loved the zombie genre since my older sister made me watch George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead when I was a teenager. As an adult, The Walking Dead rekindled that interest in the world of zombies.
- I love coffee but not coffee shops. I have an entire cabinet dedicated to Keurig k-cups, not because I can drink it all, but I like to have a wide variety of flavors for friends and family. It’s like how people stock bars with all kinds of liquor. We also have a well-stocked bar but barely drink.
- Favorite author: Stephen King. Favorite filmmaker: Quentin Tarantino. Favorite TV show: Highlander (which led to a special achievement in my game, A Wise Use of Time)
- I produced a documentary with Reel9Productions called The Way to Kevin which was screened during QFest in Philadelphia in 2013 at Ritz East Theater. Having a film I helped make shown at an actual movie theater fulfilled one of my life’s dreams.
- After reading Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid, I always wanted to write interactive fiction. When I read Choice of the Vampire and learned that Hosted Games will publish games built in Choicescript, I immediately began writing Zombie Exodus.
- I am working on a book series (non-interactive) based on the story in Zombie Exodus. Since I am writing the follow-up game to ZE, my book project is slow-going.
Jim Dattilo's games and stories, including Zombie Exodus, Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Vampire: the Masquerade - Out for Blood, and A Wise Use of Time.
My name is Jim Dattilo, and instead of a typical bio, here are ten things about me.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.